Almost all astronomers love to use a refractor telescope for the observation of the night sky. A refractor telescope gives you a clear view of the faraway objects of the night sky. It is always an excellent choice for observing the galaxies, star clusters, and nebulae. It is relatively easy to use and does not need frequent collimation like other types of telescope. But you may find it very confusing to choose a refractor scope for you. Things get worse when you are a newcomer in the field of astronomy.
Regarding all these things in mind, we have designed this article for you with refracting telescope reviews. After researching almost 53 refractor telescopes, our expert team has come up with these ten best telescopes. So let’s check the products and find out the best refractor telescope for you.
10 Best Refractor Telescopes Review
1. Celestron 21034 Ambassador 80mm Refractor Telescope
Our first choice is Celestron 21034 Ambassador 80mm Refractor Telescope. Probably this is the most satisfactory refractor scope of the market. This telescope is for observing the night sky and is a great choice to decorate your office or home. The features of this product are discussed below.
- This is a vintage-style telescope specially designed for terrestrial observing.
- The telescope body is made of brass. It looks gorgeous.
- The exquisite wood tripod has a perfect Mahogany polish which is very rigid and sturdy.
- Celestron Ambassador refractor is featured with an altazimuth mount. So it is relatively easy to rotate the telescope.
- You will get a casual astronomical view from this refractor.
- In the box, you will get the Ambassador 80 AZ Brass Telescope, a brass finderscope, a brass diagonal, one 25mm eyepiece, a Mahogany altazimuth tripod, brass objective lens covers, lens cloth, and necessary assembly tools.
- This is a perfect showpiece to decorate your house or office in a sophisticated way.
- It is effortless to assemble.
- It is a user-friendly refractor telescope.
- This telescope is a high-priced product.
- It will not be able to give you more than a casual observation.
- You will not be able to travel with this telescope.
If you are an entry-level astronomer and have no tags on the budget, this telescope is for you. This Celestron Ambassador brass refractor telescope is a great decoration tool for your home or office with casual terrestrial observing.
2. Celestron – AstroMaster 90EQ Refractor Telescope for Beginners
When it comes to a telescope, no brand can beat Celestron. And this product is also from the renowned brand Celestron. It is a refractor telescope with an equatorial mount. It is a very handy telescope for beginners. Let’s check the features of this product written below.
- This is a powerful refractor telescope. It is excellent for observing the night sky.
- It is featured with a high-quality 90mm primary mirror, which is fully coated. As a result, you get a bright and clear view.
- The frame of this telescope is very light in weight. And also, it is reliable and sturdy at the same time.
- Celestron refractor telescope is featured with a German equatorial mount. It allows you a smooth and hassle-free pointing to the target object.
- Two slow-motion control knobs are featured in this telescope that allows you to make a perfect adjustment. As a result, you get a clear celestial and terrestrial view through this refractor scope.
- This telescope requires no tool for assembling.
- You will get two eyepieces (20mm and 10mm), a tripod, erect image star diagonal, and a StarPointer red-dot finderscope with this telescope.
- This is a perfect telescope for beginners.
- It is a user-friendly refractor scope.
- You can travel anywhere you want with this refractor.
- This product provides you a free download of the astronomy software “Starry Night.”
- The price of this refractor telescope is a little bit high.
- This telescope is not for pro astronomers.
Celestron – AstroMaster 90EQ Refractor Telescope is one of the best telescopes for beginners. Both kids and adults would love to observe the sky with this one. If you are looking for more like a family telescope, this product is ideal for you.
3. Celestron – AstroMaster 102AZ Refractor Telescope for Beginners
Celestron Astromaster 102AZ refractor telescope is a perfect telescope for kids or entry-level astronomers. Kids love this telescope because it is easy to set up and use. This telescope is also featured with modern features. The features of this telescope are described below.
- This refractor telescope will give you a potent observation of the night sky because it has fully coated 102mm primary mirrors.
- The frame of this telescope is very lightweight and robust.
- It is featured with a German altazimuth mount that provides you a smooth and hassle-free accurate pointing.
- Unlike other telescopes, it has a panning handle that allows you to make adjustments so that you can get both celestial and terrestrial views.
- This telescope comes with two eyepieces (20mm and 10mm), a tripod, an erect image star diagonal, and a StarPointer red dot finderscope.
- It is effortless to assemble this telescope.
- This refractor is an ideal telescope for kids and adults.
- As it is very light in weight, you can easily carry this telescope with you.
- No tool is required to assemble this telescope.
- Some may find the price a little bit high.
- This telescope is not for professional astronomers.
If you are looking for a telescope for your kids Celestron – AstroMaster 102AZ Refractor Telescope is a great choice. This telescope is elementary to use and great for observing. We suggest you buy this product for yourself.
4. Gskyer 600x90mm AZ Astronomical Refractor Telescope for Beginners
Gskyer is a famous telescope brand, and this product is one of the best refractor telescopes from this brand. According to our research, most of these telescope users are satisfied with this product and recommend it to newcomers. The features that made this telescope so reliable are discussed below.
- Aluminum alloy has been used to make the optical tube of this telescope.
- The tube ring of this scope is safely screwed to the dovetail bracket that ensures the safe=ty of the telescope.
- This telescope’s optics are coated with antireflection blue film components that provide a clear view of the night sky.
- Two high-power eyepieces come with this telescope which is excellent for observing the moon and the planets.
- You will get an adjustable aluminum tripod with this refractor telescope.
- This telescope comes with three replaceable eyepieces(24X, 60X,120X) and one 3x Barlow lens.
- This telescope is very easy to assemble.
- It is a user-friendly refractor scope.
- The tripod is strong enough to serve you for a good time.
- Some may find the price a little bit high.
The Gskyer refractor telescope is a good one for both adults and kids. Beginners love this product for its user-friendly features. If you have enough budget for a telescope, you can go for this one.
5. Orion StarBlast 102mm Altazimuth Refractor Telescope
This StarBlast refractor scope is one of the finest telescopes from the famous optics brand Orion. Both pro astronomers and newcomers praise highly about this product. The product details are given below.
- This refractor telescope is perfect for both daytime viewing and nighttime observing.
- It is featured with an altazimuth mount. This mount allows you to point out your object ideally.
- You will get a stainless steel tripod with this telescope which is durable and lightweight.
- The refractor comes with two Plossl eyepieces. One is for 24x, and the other one is for 60x magnification.
- The lenses of this refractor are fully multi-coated that provide you with a clear view.
- An Orion's MoonMap 260 is available with this telescope that helps you to identify the lunar surfaces.
- This refractor is exceptionally light in weight. So you can carry it anywhere you want.
- You can use this telescope for various purposes.
- It is easy to install the telescope.
- It is a user-friendly refractor.
- Both young and adult, pro astronomers, and beginners will love this telescope.
- You may find the price of this product a little bit high.
If you are looking for a perfect refractor for observing the moon and can be used for various purposes, this refractor telescope is for you. It will serve as a family telescope as well.
6. Meade 102mm Refractor Telescope for Beginners
The Meade 102mm refractor telescope is a trendy one among astronomers. Specially newcomers in this field love this product. What features make this telescope so impressive are discussed below.
- Meade 102mm refractor telescope is ideal for both astronomical and terrestrial observing.
- The lens of this telescope is fully coated, which provides you a clear view.
- It is featured with an altazimuth mount and slow-motion controls that allow you to point and follow your target in an easy way.
- There is a red dot viewfinder with this telescope. It helps to point the scope at the target object.
- The telescope is very light in weight. You will be able to carry it easily.
- This telescope comes with three eyepieces (Low (26mm), medium (9mm), and high (6.3mm) magnification) and 2 Barlow lenses.
- This is a portable telescope.
- You will get astronomical software and instructional DVDs with this telescope.
- It is a user-friendly telescope.
- This telescope is not for pro-level astronomers.
- Some may find the price a little bit high.
Meade 102mm refractor telescope is a perfect telescope for beginners. If you are looking for a telescope for your kids, this is a great deal for you. Your kids will love this telescope as it is very easy to operate.
7. Meade Instruments 234001 Star Pro AZ 70mm Refractor Telescope for Beginners
This telescope is a product of the brand named “Meade Instruments.” These days, it has created hype among the newcomers in astronomy. Meade Instruments 234001 Star Pro AZ 70mm refractor telescope is featured with many amazing features. All the details of this refractor scope are given below.
- This telescope is designed with the new single-arm technology. And it is easy to assemble.
- The mounting style of this refractor is an altazimuth mount which is perfect for pointing the target.
- There are slow-motion control knobs on both axes of the telescope that provide smooth movement.
- You will get an adjustable aluminum tripod with this telescope.
- This telescope comes with three eyepieces, two Barlow lenses, and a smartphone imaging adapter.
- This telescope is suitable for taking astrophotographs.
- The tripod is strong enough to bear the telescope for a long time.
- This telescope is good for astrophotography.
- Using this refracting telescope is not that much easy.
If you are a beginner astronomer who loves to take photos of the night sky, then this Meade Instruments 234001 Star Pro AZ 70mm refractor telescope is an ideal choice for you.
8. Gskyer 70mm AZ Mount Astronomical Refractor Telescope for Beginners
Gskyer astronomical refractor telescope is a convenient one on a limited budget. This telescope is very popular among beginners for its modern features. The product detail is discussed below.
- This is a high-quality refractor featured with an alt-azimuth mount.
- The lens of this telescope is fully coated, which provides you with a clear view.
- It is a safe telescope for your eyes because the lens has high transmission power.
- You can travel with this telescope easily as it is very light in weight.
- The package includes a carry bag, an aluminum alloy tripod, a telescope tube, a finder scope, a Zenith Mirror, 2 Eyepieces(10mm,25mm) Barlow Lens, a phone attachment, and a wireless Remote, an accessory tray, and the user manual.
- The price of this refractor is meager.
- This is very friendly to our eyes.
- You will get many accessories with this telescope.
- Assembling this telescope needs a little more time than other telescopes.
If you are looking for a telescope with high-quality performance and low price, nothing can be a better option than this Gskyer refracting telescope. You will love this telescope because it is very easy to operate and provides a great view of the sky.
9. OYS 70mm Aperture AZ Mount Refractor Telescope for Kids
The OYS refractor telescope has become a recent fancy among the youngsters. This product is featured with many outstanding features. It is like a full accessory package for astronomers. The details are discussed below.
- The optical quality of this telescope is impressive. The glasses are fully multi-coated with high transmission power, which gives you an almost crystal clear view of the sky.
- This telescope is very light in weight. So it is a portable one.
- It is pretty easy to set up this refracting telescope.
- The package includes a telescope tube, a prism diagonal, a K9mm eyepiece, a K20mm eyepiece, an aluminum alloy tripod, a finder scope, a smartphone adapter, and a travel backpack.
- You will be able to travel with this telescope easily.
- The refractor’s price would fit your budget.
- You will get a smartphone adaptor with this telescope.
- This refracting telescope is only for beginners.
The OYS refractor telescope is a very phenomenal telescope for the kids on a tight budget. It would be an excellent gift for your kids on this birthday. We suggest you buy this telescope because it is an ideal deal for any beginner astronomer.
10. Emarth Refractor Telescope for Beginners
The last but not the least product in this list is the Emarth refractor telescope. It has many outstanding qualities and is quite popular among the newcomers. What features have made this telescope so popular are described below.
- This telescope is very easy to set up.
- Emarth refractor telescope is featured with fully coated optics with high transmission power that increases the brightness and gives you a clear image.
- Altazimuth Mount has been featured in this telescope, making it easy to point the object in the sky.
- The aluminum alloy tripod is extremely adjustable that allows you to view from different positions.
- This telescope is highly budget-friendly.
- It requires no tool to assemble this refractor.
- You will be able to carry this one quickly because of its lightweight.
- This refractor is not for professionals.
If you are looking for a budget-friendly refractor telescope for your kids you can go for the Emarth refractor telescope. Comparing to other telescopes within this price range, this telescope is absolutely outstanding with its features and performance.
Things To Consider Before Buying A Refractor Telescope
Before buying a refractor telescope, you need to be careful regarding the following facts:
An optical tube is the most prominent hardware of the telescope. Always try to choose a telescope with a stainless steel tube. This type of telescope can serve you for a very long time. If you want to buy a telescope for traveling, it would be better to go for an aluminum alloy because they are very light in weight.
Mounting system is an essential part of a telescope. If your mount is perfect, you are going to enjoy observing the night sky. Nothing is better than a German Equatorial mount. Alt-azimuth mount is also handy. Try to get one that has a panhandle.
Always go for a telescope with a larger aperture. Because a large aperture provides you with clear images of the sky.
A fine coating eliminates the street light and increases the performance of your telescope.
Magnification refers to the number of times in size of the appeared object. Buy a telescope that comes with more magnification power.
Glass is the most crucial part of a telescope. Because all the lenses are made of glass, extra low-dispersion (ED) or fluoride glass is the best choice for a telescope. Go for a telescope with high-quality glass.
Our expert team came up with the best ten telescopes in the market for you. You can go for any one of these refractor scopes. If you wish to know something more, just leave your words in the comment section. We will get back to you in the soonest time.